WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
Patient Resources > What To Bring To Your Appointment
Covid-19 update: Patients 2 years and older, and parents/guardians must be masked during their time in the office. We are currently asking that only the patient(s) and one adult attend the appointments. Please contact the office for more info.
1) Please bring your child’s current insurance card or enrollment form with all the information to every visit.
2) We collect co-pays at the time of registration. For your convenience we accept cash and credit cards.
3) We have new patient forms on our website. You may print these forms at home and fill them out prior to your visit. This will help reduce your wait time and also expedite the process of registration.
4) New patients may also want to bring information on prior subspecialty referrals, old medical records, immunization records, and current medication bottles.
5) First Visit: It is very important the patient be accompanied by parent(s) or the legal guardian(s). We obtain important health history information that other adults or the patient may not be able to provide efficiently.
For subsequent visits if the parent or legal guardian is unable to accompany the child, we require written authorization from you allowing another adult to bring your child in. Please be aware that if vaccines are necessary, this designated adult will be allowed to sign unless otherwise specified.