Diane Smith, CPNP
About Diane Smith, CPNP
Stephanie has a passion for enhancing the quality and safety of healthcare delivery. Over the span of her career, she has held appointments on numerous local and enterprise-wide committees and workgroups dedicated to the development and institution of evidence-based best practices. She has spearheaded many initiatives focused on improving care in pediatric, surgical, and critical care environments.
Stephanie believes that every child, regardless of circumstance, deserves access to prompt, individualized healthcare. Her years of nursing experience, combined with additional medical education and training, facilitate a level of compassion unique to the nursing profession. Her special interests include congenital heart defects, care of the infant after cardiothoracic surgery, genetic and autoimmune diseases, breastfeeding, ankyloglossia (tongue-tie) and associated syndromes.
1) Favorite quote: Everything happens for a reason.
2) Favorite place to travel: Caribbean.
3) Favorite movie: Sweet Home Alabama.
4) Interests other than medicine: Traveling and reading.
5) Favorite part of your professional day: Interacting with babies and children.
6) One advice to parents: Relax and enjoy your children.